Re: Resizing elements to fit text

On 27 Oct 2003, Filip Miletic wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> This is a feature(?) I noticed in all Dias so far. Consider an
> element, say a circle that can host a text inside. Many Dia library
> objects are similar.
>
> As you type the text in, the size of the element changes, it stretches
> to accomodate more letters. If however you change your mind and start
> deleting, the size of the element stays the same, whereas it should
> probably shrink so that the text is still tightly fit.
>
> Just thought I'd share this with you.

I guess they should do the same kind of thing as the zig-zag line with
autorouting -- autoresize as long as the user hasn't change the size
manually.  Otherwise, how would the object know whether the user has made a
specific size or not?  Right now, it must just make sure the text doesn't
overflow.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor