Re: combined UML diagrams

On 26 Oct 2003, saintiss@gmx.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to be able to create UML Activity Diagrams where inside the
> activities, UML collaboration diagrams can be drawn... How difficult
> would it be to extend Dia in order to do this?

Pretty easy -- you just need to have the Activity object allow parenting
(and more flexible resizing).  You may need the label to be movable instead
of determining the box size.

> Also, I'd like these diagrams to be saved in a self-made XMI format...

That's just a question of writing an export filter.  Takes a little more
programming, but shouldn't be hard if you know your XMI.  Look to the xfig
export filter for a simple & up-to-date example.

> Would this be possible/feasible to program in a relatively short time?

Should be.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor