Performance issue dragging text

Dia graphics is pretty efficient in general, but slows down dramatically
when you move around an object containing text. The effect begins to be
noticeable with about 100 characters, which is not much if you put labels at
connection points. Strangely, this seems not to apply to UML Class object,
although it happens with other UML objects.

Whatever the cause, I would have a simple remedy: not redrawing text when
dragging around, but just when you release the mouse. It is much better to
see no text at all than see your object flashing every 1-2 seconds when
moving.
I said "I would have", if I just knew where to make the change (or, better,
how to test for dragging or not dragging).

Cheers.
Marco