Re: File Format

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:

> Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:30:56 -0600
> From: Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: File Format
>
> On 24 Oct 2003, Nuno João Andrade wrote:
> > Hi, I'm developing a WorkFlow Application for Linux and openbsd in C, and
> > I'm using dia program to do the design of the Workflow.
> >
> > I'm wondering if you will consider changing the file format ?? And if you
> > have some documentation on this subject ??

The DTD is in CVS, it is a bit out of date though.
There is no other documentation besides the DTD that I know of.
.Dia files are a custom XML but the Dia .shape files are largely just SVG.

Dia2Code and Autodia are two external programs that are worth looking at
before creating your own tools to play with the the Dia file format.

> Anything particular you think we should change it to?  The file format

suggestions and help to maintain Dia is always welcome.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan