another question on custom shapes

How do I create custom shapes that have internal variables -- sort of like
the UML and GRAFCET sheets?

Something where the "Properties" dialog box would have some extra bits in
it that the user could set (and would be placed in the output file in some
identifiable form).  All I would need is a direct pass-through -- if the
user enters "xyz" for variable "foo", then nothing in Dia changes, just
the output will have <xml:something ... name="foo" value="xyz">, or
somesuch.

There don't appear to be any such shapes in the /usr/share/dia area, so
I'm guessing this is something that requires more than just a shape and
xpm file?  perhaps a plugin?

					John

John B. Pormann, PhD                    Phone: 919-660-5171
Dept. of Electrical Engineering         Fax:   919-660-5293
Duke University                         Email: jpormann@ee.duke.edu
Box 90291, Durham, NC, 27708-0291