Re: Aspect ratio of newly put objects

> I would like to ask whether there is a way to put
> a new object onto the canvas keeping its dimensions
> as defined in the .svg file. Currently the aspect ratio
> is always changed to 1:1, ignoring the .svg. Thus I always
> have to resize the object to the desired (=original) dimensions.
> It is best visible with the Circuit sheet.
> (I'm using Dia v0.91 on win32.)

Pavel,

I haven't tried this, but the custom-shapes file at:

	http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/custom-shapes

has some notes about an entry in the svg file:

"The aspectratio element allows you to specify how the shape can be
distorted.  The three possibilities are:
  <aspectratio type="free"/>    Any aspect ratio is OK (the default)
  <aspectratio type="fixed"/>   Fix the aspect ratio for this shape.
  <aspectratio type="range" min="n" max="m"/>  Give a range of values."

Have you tried any of those settings?

					John