dia problems with czech characters

Hello

When I compile dia and install and then try to make text labels with Czech characters,
the editation of the text behaves strangely. Czech characters are replaced for
various ASCII ones and spaces. Pressing áááččččdddd yield
ááádddd____ where _ is a space instead of "č", chracters are written not
on the end and after deleting such strange text, pieces of characters remain
and the cursor gets multiplied.

System insformation included in attachment.

I have tried to compile dia on another computer with (prbably) the same
versions of all necessary libraries and it works. It works also when I access
the computer remotely from my X.

Cl<
Linux version 2.4.19 (gcc version 3.2.2) #4 Tue Mar 11 23:53:17 CET 2003

gcc (GCC) 3.2.2

/lib/libc-2.2.5.so
/lib/libc-2.3.1.so
/lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.3.1.so
/usr/lib/libc.so:
/* GNU ld script
   Use the shared library, but some functions are only in
   the static library, so try that secondarily.  */
GROUP ( /lib/libc.so.6 /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a )

Autoconf version 2.13

automake (GNU automake) 1.5

ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4.2 (1.922.2.53 2001/09/11 03:18:52)

GNU Make version 3.79.1
Built for i686-pc-linux-gnu

GNU ld version 2.13

GNU assembler 2.13
This assembler was configured for a target of `i686-pc-linux-gnu'.

processor	: 0
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 1
model name	: Pentium Pro
stepping	: 9
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov

XFree86 Version 4.2.0 / X Window System
Release Date: 18 January 2002
Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.19 i686 [ELF]
Module Loader present

gtk-config --version
1.2.10

glib-config --version