Re: imho

On lundi, juin 9, 2003, at 01:51 Europe/Paris, Alan Horkan wrote:

> Saying a Microsoft program produces XML is only marginally more
> helpful than saying it produces ASCII.
> XML is no use if you dont have the schema and cant figure out what it
> means, or if it is embedded full of meaningless MIME encoded binar
> chunks.

AFAICT, Microsoft published the DTD of that XML file format. But I'm
not sure how far it goes. Given recent experiences on waht Office 2003
does when saving Word docs to XML files, I'm really upset. It should be
note that OmniGraffle, and MacOS X prioprietary tool to do diagramming
import Visio XML files, so it could be doable.

Hub
--
Unemployed AbiWord maintainer - http://www.figuiere.net/hub/
Cell: +33 6 18 01 42 11 - AIM, Yahoo!: hfiguiere ICQ: 307453487