aligning objects

Hi all,

I'm trying to equally space a set of objects & finding that
the Objects->Align->Horizontal feature shuffles the (left-to-right)
order of my objects. (ie. the left-most object doesn't necessary
stay the left-most object after the alignment operation.)

Is there any way to prevent this shuffling & maintain the ordering?

Any pointers/help muchly appreciated.

SCoTT. :)
--
ss@aao.gov.au