Re: Zooming what ?

Ian Epperson wrote:

>The Visio zoom tool would zoom on wherever your mouse was pointing.  Very
>nice to be able to (ctrl-wheeldown) zoom out, point to a region
>(ctrl-wheelup) zoom into somewhere else.  No panning needed.

With the old method, you can stop using panning, but if you zoom in
once, the graph item under mouse pointer may be different than before
zooming (the before-zoom item is now in the middle). Advantages: no
panning needed ever (the requested item is now in the middle).
Disadvantages: if you want to zoom in again, you need to move cursor to
the middle, otherwise you'll zoom into different part of graph than
intended.

With "my"  method, the part of the graph pointed by cursor is the same
before and after zoom. Advantages: you can zoom in and out, and you're
still pointing the same graph item. Disadvantages: you need to pan if
the item you want to zoom into is in the corner, otherwise the zoomed
item is still in the corner.

Hard to choose...

Krzysztof