Zooming what ?

Another idea, inspired by working ctrl+scroll patch:

Change Zoom tool so that it preserves a zoom point.

I mean: now, when you zoom in a graph by clicking a zoom tool or
ctrl+wheel, the graph point at screen location of the cursor is
displayed at window's center point.

I'd like the graph point at screen location of the cursor to be
displayed... at screen location of the cursor (and not middle of the
window). So you still point to the same item on the graph as you pointed
before zooming.

Does that make sense ? I think it makes multiple zoom operations in
sequence behave more consistent (even if you ocassionally need to pan to
put the pointed thing in the middle).

Alan (which I discussed the idea with) also suggested to make zoom
center on selected objects - maybe that would make sense for non-tool
zooming (the option button one).

Any suggestions ?

Krzysztof

Alan Horkan wrote:

>and i just needed someone to quickly bounce some ideas off of.

Now another idea: