Re: SHIFT-click for "persistent" create object tool ?

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Krzysztof Foltman wrote:
> Alan Horkan wrote:
>
>>for this feature to be really useful we will need better visual feedback
>>and documentation so that users might actually find the feature, but I
>>think it is better to have the feature in sooner rather than later.
>>
> I think so. Hard to find, but useful option is better than no such
> option at all (as long as there's a chance somebody will make it more
> visible in the future).
>
> So far, I can't send any patch because CVS HEAD is broken and doesn't
> compile. But when it works, I'm going to send a patch doing all of
> these (already implemented):

CVS is fixed, anoncvs will update overnight (don't know the exact time).

> - SHIFT-clickable create object tools
> - middle button panning using "transient tool" method - maybe some
> other tools can be used as transient too

I was going to suggest doing userdata for the seelct tool like it's done
for the create tool, in order to store the previous tool.  But if you've
already implemented a good-looking solution, let me see that.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor