Re: Esc during object creation ?

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Krzysztof Foltman wrote:
> Lars Clausen wrote:
>
>>object).  You can see how to do that in
>>objects/standard/box.c:box_update_data().
>>
> What about .shape files ?
>
> I think their direction stuff is handled at custom_object.c, lines
> 870-878. Maybe it would be possible to add another attribute which
> says which directions are legal ? (instead of the guessed one) ? It
> would probably be somewhere near shape_info.c:824 (+ add necessary
> field in ShapeInfo)

That's a thing I've been pondering for a while.  It'd be interesting to do
programatically, but certainly not easy.  But given the number of
shapes, that'd be nice to have.  Having to do that for every shape, and in
particular for new shapes, would be a hassle.  Perhaps the best would be to
have an algorithm for it, but allow the attribute to override it for cases
where the algorithm isn't good enough.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor