[related tools] Autodia 1.7

Hi guys,

sorry to spam the list - I do try and avoid it where possible but I was
hoping fellow dia users would be intrested in giving the autodia 1.7
release 2 a try before I annouce and release properly (via, cpan, etc).

I'm afraid its been several months since the last release but its worth
the wait - the new version can now read Torque DB Schema's as well as
extracting table info straight from databases and parsing C++, Perl, PHP,
SQL and Java source code.

Plenty of improvements to all the language handlers..

..but the best bit is I have implemented a simple directed graph layout
algorithm that means that generated dia output is now positioned in such
as way as to make organising your diagram very simple even for complex
diagrams with over 20 objects. To test itr I ran autodia on itself and was
able to get a nice clear layout in about 2 minutes down from close to 10
minutes with the earlier layout. TIP : Zoom right out and make use of the
space available before zooming back in and arranging the finer details.

regards,

A.

--
Aaron J Trevena - Perl Hacker, Kung Fu Geek, Internet Consultant
AutoDia --- Automatic UML and HTML Specifications from Perl, C++