Re: SHIFT-click for "persistent" create object tool ?

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:

> Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 04:37:58 -0500
> From: Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: SHIFT-click for "persistent" create object tool ?
>
> On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Krzysztof Foltman wrote:
> > Would it be good if a SHIFT click on an object create tool (line,
> > sheet item etc) would temporarily invert the state of "Reset tool
> > after create" (until another tool is selected of course) ?
>
> I'm not sure; it's a hidden feature for little gain.  There is some need
> for easy switching between reset and non-reset, but I think it should at
> least be visible in some way.

Other programs do this shift click to stick the button.  I noticed it
while using SmartDraw and filed an enhancement request.  (I'll post the
bug number in a follow up message later when I am not using a slow
connection).

It might be adequate to indicate that a button is stuck (more than just
pressed) by visually marking it somehow, perhaps by making it darker
following the metaphor of the button pushed in further or suchlike.

This feature would be quite hard to discover, the prefernce would need
definately need to be kept.

Sincerely.

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/