Re: RE: Dialogs, Layers Dialog [Re: Dia ChangeLog report for Mon Jul 7 07:23:02 2003 (UTC)]

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 09:58:45PM +0200, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
> Le Wed, Jul 09, 2003, ? 07:12:58PM +0100, Alan Horkan a écrit:
>
> > Where are the layers in Visio or Adobe Illustrator?
> >
> > I know the Vector objects can be moved back and forward but I did not see
> > Layers specifically.
>
> let me add some slant: SolidWorks, CATIA, name-whatever-CAM-package, etc....

or Blender :)

I wanted to use them in the similar fashion as previously mentioned -
i.e. have boxes computers on one layer, network connections on the
second layer and power grids on the third.

Then you could just display layers you want, to show only relevant data.
This is similar for most maps, I guess - You have different kinds of
data on different layers and usually want to display only some of them.
On the other hand, when creating the map, you might want to display more layers
to help you with spatial design.

Well, when I found that the lines in Dia do not snap between layers, I had
to abandon the idea :)

--
Jaroslav Benkovsky
Senior System Administrator

GCM/IT d- s:+ a- C++(+++) ULOI++++$ P++ L+++>++++ E+ W++
N w--- PS+ PE++ Y+ PGP R+ tv- b+++ D+ e+++ y+