Icons [Re: bug in dia (windows 2000, dia Version 0.9)]

On 31 Jan 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:

> That's a different issue from what we were talking about.  We were talking
> about images with transparency inserted in a diagram that is then
> exported.  Transparent background for PNG is a different matter entirely,
> and I'm not sure how to go about doing that.

I will give it more thought.

> > but when i
> > am exporting to .shape files, it would save me quite a bit of effort if
> > the background transparent not white.
>
> Actually, I've come to like having a colored background on the icons.  Put
> a pastel box behind the shape and export as PNG.  It also makes it easier
> to adjust the size of the icon.

Keep in mind the usability dangers of colour coding (colour blindness,
differnt colour perception, monitor not set to Full/High colour).
beauty is in the eye the beholder.

I quite like having consistanly sized 22x22 icons.  I dont like how it
looks if you the icons are not all of the same area.
I had considered doing the icons of my next sheet at 36x36 (windows) or
48x48 (gnome) to allow more convenient reuse.

Talk more later.
Gotta go see a Samuel Beckett play.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan