Re: Dia ChangeLog report for Thu Jan 16 08:23:02 2003 (UTC)

At 17:33 16.01.03 -0600, Lars Clausen wrote:
>On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Hans Breuer wrote:
[...]
>> Why add those Gtk dependency to the startup file again ?
>
>That is to make sure that we use Gtk 2.0, not 1.2.  Otherwise it crashed on
>me.

Please try again. The plug-in gtkcons.py desperately needed porting
to gtk2 (which is done now). Only adding pygtk.require("2.0") did
not fix it.
But the file python-startup.py does _not_ need pygtk nor any UI code.
It is just used to load the plug-ins, which may or may not depend
on pygtk. I.e. at least half of my PyDia plug-ins don't use any
pygtk code which makes them work even if you don't have pygtk
but only pydia.

Having plug-ins without UI is common with our C plug-ins, why should
there be a difference with plug-ins written in Python ?

	Hans