Re: resizing objects fails

You can go into File->Page Setup and click Fit to 1 by 1 then the objects
srink to fit the page. I haven't tried it but I am thinking you
could get the right scaling by placing objects near the edges.

Dan Warburton , FAA/ACB-860
Target Generation Facility (TGF)
609-485-4480

|         |           "Jan Kester"     |
|         |           <jan.kester@punto|
|         |           seguro.com>      |
|         |           dia-list-admin@gn|
|         |           ome.org          |
|         |           01/14/2003 05:53 |
|         |           dia-list         |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                       |
  |       To:       <dia-list@gnome.org>                                                                                  |
  |       cc:                                                                                                             |
  |       Subject:  resizing objects fails                                                                                |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello

I like the functionality of Visio, love Linux and thus try out Dia (first
on
my win2000 platform :-)). I run version v0.90 and find it very difficult to
give my shapes of a flowchart the proper sizes. I read that the size is
automatically adapted by the amount of text.
The normal block with text inside has angular tiptops but does not allow to
change. The decision diamond does allow to resize, but only to bigger and
not smaller. Whenever I want to make a real diagram, I can´t fit all the
symbols on one page. It is just all too big.
Is there any solution for this?

Regards, Jan

Jan Kester
Marlborough Stirling España, S.L. Director de Informática
Gran Vía 62, 10º izq
28013 Madrid
tel: +34-91-5487910
fax: +34-91-5400199