Re: Everything worked like the FAQ said but...

Hello Robert,

the *.pngs didn't cause the problems -they're also
used with shapes that ship with dia.

maybe you could include the results of

ls -R .dia/sheets
and
ls -R ..dia/shapes

in a mail. Maybe you duplicated filenames - in this case the
shape export plug-in will create non-unique ids for the shapes.
Also make sure that you have only one copy of each shape
in the folders. The important part is
<shape>
 <name>I'm the ID, I have to be unique</name>
</shape>
In the *.shape files.

In order to get back the original network sheet, delete everything
from .dia/sheets (backup?)

Steffen