Unicode

I've been getting the following error when I try
to ./configure prior to making.

Unicode not present. This will NOT build.

Obviously, attempting to build despite this failed.

I'm using Darwin (OSX) and have XWindows
version X11, gnome, gtk, etc installed.
The system seems to find the needed unicode
libraries just fine.

Is this the same issue as the one that was replied
to with "wait for version 91"?