UML state diagrams

Hi,

As you UML is being discussed my question comes not completely off
topic. What about supporting statecharts in dia. Is anybody working on
that? I only see a mysterious icon "create a state machine", which seems
to create a state (rather than a machine). Has there been any progress
there?

I am willing to help (or even make it happen), but the bleeding edge
requirements of current CVS scare me a bit...

andrzej