Text Entry [Re: direct text input for UML-message]

On 10 Feb 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:

> Date: 10 Feb 2003 12:31:22 -0600
> From: Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: direct text input for UML-message

> I have some (more) long-term plans for UML that you might be able to look
> into.  Ideally, all fields in objects should be editable in place.  One of
> the main things for 0.92 will be a separate text entry mode (ala changing
> the name of files in file managers).  With that in place, clicking on a
> field in a UML class should put you into edit mode for that field, and TAB
> should send you to the next field.  Operation/attribute fields would need
> to be parsed, somehow (that's an entirely different bucket of worms, too).

If you use TAB to move between fields then you cannot put tabs in your
text boxes.
You can leave it so that the user must click outside the text box to move
ot the next field ... there must be an alternative keybinding, i remember
noticing another application - visio i think - that allowed tabs in the
text box.

I will do my best to descibe any text box behaviours you would like to
know about.

Later
Alan.