Re: Some issues

"Jon A. Solworth" <solworth@parsys.cs.uic.edu> writes:

> 	I just join the dia list.  Dia is a great tool and
> I use it both to prepare papers and projector slides (using
> pdflatex and texpower/foiltex).  But I have some problems with
> using the export filters.
>
> 	1. I would like the diagrams to have latex formated
> 	     text (so I can do math mode) in color.  I have not
> 	     been able to find an adequate means of doing this.

A work around could be to save to Xfig-format and then use fig2dev (or
equivalently open the file in xfig and export) to make a tex file.
There are many varieties of tex to choose from, but since you seem to
prefer pdflatex I recommend whats called "Combined PDF/LaTeX" in Xfig.
Using fig2dev you have to run it twice, once for the pdf part (pdftex)
and once for the tex part (pdftex_t, you need to specify the
pdffilename to fig2dev). Check the man page for details.

There is one catch though. In the fig-files exported from Dia fonts
are not specified to latex fonts. This can be fixed by this perl
oneliner (not heavily tested):

perl -p -e 's/^(4( \S+){4}) \S+(( \S+){2}) 4/$1 0$3 2/;'

Another catch is that the font family choosed in Dia wont be used.
(This seems to fail in the normal usage of Xfig export as well.)

--
                - Mårten

mail: msv@kth.se *** ICQ: 4356928 *** mobile: +46 (0)707390385