Re: creating latex macro from custom shapes

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Nathan Rollins wrote:

> Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:59:55 -0600 (MDT)
> From: Nathan Rollins <nhr2@ee.byu.edu>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: creating latex macro from custom shapes
>

> Hey,

Virus crapflood at the moment, other may not have seen your message so
please be patient and maybe ask again later or let us know if you make any
progress yourself.

At this point I am happy to accept just about any tightening of the
mailing list policies which will help reduce this crapflood and any future
Microsoft Negligence we need to LookOut for.

I only know the basics of LaTeX myself so I am unable to offer any advice.

> I'm trying to create latex macros from my dia diagrams.  In my diagrams I
> use a lot of shapes I created myself.  Among these shapes I created are OR
> and XOR gates.  When I try to run latex on the macro I export from dia,
> latex coughs on the OR and XOR gates.  This is the error it gives:

However I am interested by the fact that your created you own OR and XOR
gates rather than the ones included with Dia.

It would be helpful if you could elaborate on the differences between your
version and the ones we ship.  Ideally if your changes would be of general
interest and you could provide patches it might be worthwile to
incorporate your changes.

>     <svg:path style="stroke-width: 1.0; stroke: #000000" d="M 3.5 2.0 C
> 6.5,5.0 3.5,7.0 3.5,7.0"/>

All I can suggest is to look at the other shapes that use svg:path and
hack and slash (aka cut and paste) from them.  I know the old advice of
'start with something that works and go from there' is not much help but
it works and it the best I can manage at the moment.

> Has anyone come across this problem before?  Does anyone know how I might
> overcome this issue?  I'd REALLY like to be able to import my tex macros.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/