Re: A chance to help

Le Fri, Aug 22, 2003, � 01:25:49PM -0500, Lars Clausen a �crit:

> > I'd add: for each Americanization patch item, it would be really nice to
> > add an en_GB.po patch item as well. Just for symmetry's sake.
>
> True, but less necessary.  The Americanization is mostly to have one
> language to base translations off of.  That way we won't have
> mistranslations due to US/GB differences.  Also notice that the site
> suggests always using SI units, so for units an en_US.po patch could be
> required (not likely to be the case in Dia, though).

nope, units are beyond the simple scope of the .po. Anyway, if they
insist on using inches, pounds and whatever phase of ounces, screw
them :-) Coca-Cola and US car makers are massively switching to metric,
the rest will follow suit, eventually.

I'm thinking of another thing w.r.t the Americanization patch: to be
complete, a patch which does, say, s/Colour/Color/ should also apply the
patch to the msgid section of all .po files as well, otherwise it
creates more work to the translator teams, doesn't it?