Re: printing/exporting on windows hints needed

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, TAZ Vukovic, Mirko wrote:

> Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:38:41 -0500
> From: "TAZ Vukovic, Mirko" <mvukovic@taz.telusa.com>
> To: "'dia-list@gnome.org'" <dia-list@gnome.org>
> Subject: printing/exporting on windows hints needed
>
> I'm using the latest dia release (0.91) for windows.  As suggested in the
> FAQ, printing is not quite there yet.
>
> I tried to export the diagrams as an wmf, to be read by GIMP.  However GIMP
> complains of an error, and does not read the file.

I suspect that the (very very new) libwmf plugin for Gimp works better
than the WMF loader that comes with Gimp for win32, but I doubt that it
has been backported yet.

> Can anyone offer suggestions on how to do an export/preview/print cycle on
> windows?

Try EPS (Encapsulated Postscript), you might need to install
Alladin Ghostscript to view it.  Hopefully some can suggest a better
solution.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/