Re: Dia ChangeLog report for Wed Apr 9 07:23:01 2003 (UTC)

Michael Wybrow wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Dia ChangeLog Daemon wrote:
> >
> > +     * lib/dia_dirs.h:
> > +     * lib/dia_dirs.c (dia_config_ensure_dir): New function to ensure
> > +     that dirs are present.
>
> The use of `mkdir()' for this function is not portable --  It's part of
> glibc, but won't compile in MSVC.  Does anyone know if there is a MSVC
> equivilent?

Hmmm... I don't know why MSVC doesn't have that function, as Microsoft
claims to be completely POSIX-compliant with all their NT-family of
operating systems, and 'mkdir()' I think is part of that standard.

But anyway, simply pressing F1 and searching the index for "mkdir" gave
me the following compiler-specific functions on MSVC6:

   int _mkdir( const char *dirname );
   int _wmkdir( const wchar_t *dirname );

   Routine Required Header Compatibility
   _mkdir    <direct.h> Win 95, Win NT
   _wmkdir   <direct.h> or <wchar.h> Win NT

I guess you could use one of those, testing on the preprocessor
G_PLATFORM_WIN32 symbol.

And FWIW, using forward slashes as directory delimiters are pretty safe
on MS OSes too, they have been supported internal all since the DOS
days.

-+-Ben-+-