Re: Visio import what are the possibilities [Re: Visio stencilswith Dia?]

On ven, 2002-09-27 at 17:58, Alan Horkan wrote:

> I have seen the VML that is exported by Visio 2000 and it is not
> encouraging.
> VML is XML but it is more a list of shapes and links to an EMZ file which
> contains the object data.
>
> There is a Sample VXD file that comes with the Microsoft Visio browser
> plugin.  (i think i put up a link to the file previously so i think it
> added to the collection of sample documents).
>
> It contains a large data block for a preview picture, might be
> decipherable.  It also contains some data blocks for icons.  Most of the
> XML looks pretty clean and usable, but the format of this data is what
> worries me.

Large BLOB inside XML. Vicious.

That reminds me OmniGraffle, and prioprietary Dia clone (just kidding)
for MacOS X that does almost the same for its files.

Hub
--
AbiWord hacker to hire. - Lille, France
http://www.teaser.fr/~hfiguiere/ - Cell phone: +33 6 18 01 42 11