Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:19:20 +0100 (BST)
From: Alan Horkan <horkana@tcd.ie>
To: C. Scott Ananian <cananian@lesser-magoo.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc: sodipodi-list@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Sodipodi-list] Using Sodipodi for 2-D CAD/CAM.

Dia is a Vector graphics diagramming tool, and it more intended for the
the kind of design purposes you mention than the kind of beautiful artwork
you can produce with Sodipodi.

I am surprised that you did not even consider it, did you not hear about
it or is it not appropriate?  Dia
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/

could you help me understand what your requiremetns are and i will
help see what bugs need to be filed against Dia

you did not expand these acronyms anywhere in your email or on the web
page so i need to make absolutely sure we are talking about the same thing
CAD	Computer Aided Design
CAM	  "	"   Modelling ???

If Xcircuit intersts you perhaps Gael would also be of interest
http://gael.sourceforge.net/
(i would also mention Orengano but it is no longer well maintained
http://oregano.codefactory.se/ )

Please reply
probably best to just reply to me directly or to join the Dia list and ask
your questions there, dont want to be horribly offtopic on the Sodipodi
list.

Sincerely
Alan Horkan