Re: XMI

--- Alan Horkan <horkana@tcd.ie> wrote:

> Compiling argouml with gcj would be an "interesting" approach.
Just the core parts. There are a few nice Java libraries with few
system dependancies. The Novosoft XMI engine might be interesting to
link in.

The GJC provides some interesting wrapper tools for calling c from java
and java from c. Worth looking into!

> You may have noticed i have a thing for code reuse and portability
> and
> cooperation, if you plan to do this in big way maybe you could get
> some of
> the Kivio developers to cooperate (random suggestion of the day).

Or the Argo developers. One reason why I like dia over argo is that it
is fast. Argo is a pig (But a sweet one, mmmmh : ham sandwiches come to
mind)

The kvivio is an insult to free software, never have I felt so insulted
by a piece of software, before. Never have I downloaded such a
shameless plug to make money.

If I ever find the time, I am going to write lots of hatemail about
this crippled software.

I installed the debian package, tried to create an UML diagram, and was
told to Buy stencils from them, they did not even provide good samples.
What a waste of time!

Sketch on the other hand is nice, but also a bit slower than Dia.
I would not mind working with them, but the Kompany will get no support
from me.

> Why do i keep doing this?  These emails and these links get archived
> on
> the web, and it affects a certain very popular search engine.  A few
> months ago Dia was not the first listed item when you searched using
> the
> word Dia but it is now.  Link early, link often.

Why not put the dia link in the mailman, that way it shows up on every
single mail?

my 2 cents,
mike

=====