Re: XMI

--- Levi Bard <levi@bard.sytes.net> wrote:
> About a year ago, there was some interest in XMI on the list.  Is
> there still interest in having Dia at least export to an
> XMI-compliant format?  Is anyone working on it?

I am interested in XMI, The export is not high on my list,
but an import might be nice for this project.
To exchange with argouml/rational would be nice.
There are very few

To be honest, I think that DAML/RDFs is important as well
It is more concise and easier to parse.

XMI is a very complex format. The Spec is over 600 pages, and is overly
complex. The functionality is only used to %10 of what is specified.

But is is used by many people. The guys from mged
have an XMI simlifier, it takes the XMI model and reduces it down to
something usable-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mged/

If anything, compiling the java XMI tools from dstc/argouml using
gjc and linking that nativly might be easier than a new implementation.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nsuml/

just my 2 €(euro) cents.

mike

=====