Re: lines

Make sure snap to grip is turned on

View, Snap to Grid
or so that it is the default for every diagram under
File, Preferences ...
Grid Lines
Snap to: Yes

As for drawing perfect circles, sorry Dia does not do that yet but i added
a shapes in CVS that do it, you can grab them easily enough and add them
to Dia 0.90 if you like.
Holding down Ctrl locks the shape so that it only resizes
Horizontally or Vertically, but you probably already noticed that.

i filed an enhancement request about this kind of aspect ratio stuff in
bugzilla ( http://bugzilla.gnome.org ) but in the meantime i recommend you
try out the basic shapes i added.  the sheet is called Assorted.  (or if
you just want a perfect circle it is not hard to make your own).

If you have any requests for shapes to be drawn please add them to
bugzilla, maybe i will have time to draw them at some stage ...

Sincerely
Alan Horkan
Dublin, Ireland

http://gnome.org

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Alan G Isaac wrote:

> Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:52:40 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Alan G Isaac <aisaac@american.edu>
> To: dia-list <dia-list@gnome.org>
> Subject: lines
>
> Hi.  I am completely new to Dia, but
> it seems great so far.  (I am using
> the Windows binary.)
>
> I understand this is a user-to-user list.
> Please let me know if basic questions are
> inappropriate for this list.

I dont think anyone here minds user questions so long as users have at
least tried to read the Documentation and find an answer on their own
first.