Re: New Shapeset -- What Will I Need To Do...?

> Then, that's the place !

StdProp... oh, where do I begin...?

I pulled up chrono*.c and looked at them, and I can see kind'f what needs
to be done. I've begun a skeleton of StdProp docs after Lars' creation of
the page: http://faemalia.org/wiki/view/Technical/StdProps.

Mainly, where I'm getting confused is ideology. I know we're using C which
doesn't know Object Orientation (heh), but I see a lot of OOP concepts.
lib/object.h seems to define some... uh... pointers? Or pointer
replacements...? This kind'f thing:

typedef Object* (*CreateFunc) (Point *startpoint,
                               void *user_data,
                               Handle **handle1,
                               Handle **handle2);

And then in chrono*.c, we relate an object's events to one of these,
right...?

static ObjectOps chronoline_ops = {
  (DestroyFunc)         chronoline_destroy,
  (DrawFunc)            chronoline_draw,
  (DistanceFunc)        chronoline_distance_from,
  (SelectFunc)          chronoline_select,
 . . . .

(This chronoline_ops thing doesn't use CreateFunc???)

So how should I begin? Should I just take the chrono*.c files and begin
modifying them to create an ERD shapeset? I assume I *WILL* be coding C
and not making little XML files, right?

Obviously since I've only spent 20 minutes familiarising myself with
StdProp so far, I don't know much. I guess I'm looking for a good starting
point. Esp code that actually uses it currently (like chrono*.c) but which
is uses every feature -- does chrono*.c do?

--
Tim Ellis
Senior Database Architect