noise: Freetype and Windows

This is probably just noise, so forgive me.
But I was puzzled by the claim that FreeType
cannot be used under Win32 and the claim
"Apart from a standard ANSI C library, FreeType 2 doesn't
have any external dependencies and can be compiled and
installed on its own on any kind of system."
 http://freetype.sourceforge.net/freetype2/index.html#requirements

Cheers,
Alan Isaac