Re: Restricting possible connections

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, ml wrote:

> Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:10:16 +0200
> From: ml <ml@knorke.in-berlin.de>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: Restricting possible connections
>
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 12:21:22PM -0500, Lars Clausen wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, ml@knorke.in-berlin.de wrote:
> > > 2. Of course, this must be an option to the user.  Maybe a
> > >    diagram specific or a global option?
> >
> > Hmmm... good question.  Global options are easier to make and do away
> > with.  I really don't know which is better.
>
> Let's go for a global option first, and make it more
> advanced if the need is there.  Other idea: Allow user
> the connection always if a modifier key is used (Escape/
> Meta/Alt/Control/Shift).

Again i ask for people to please explain to me in pedantic and simplistic
detail what exaclty you mean so that i can get some comparative behaviour
information.  By comparing to other programs we will be able to more
easily choose sensible interfaces and keybindings.
A bug report to track this might also be useful.

Sincerely
Alan Horkan