Re: Restricting possible connections

Just to throw in my two pence

Please allow the user to override any such restrictions.

The users must be in control, although i am not suggesting you make it
easy for people to do the "wrong thing" you just have to make sure it is
possible for the situations when the user really does know better.

The should be strong recommendations not really restrictions if you
understand what i am getting at.

Is this similar to locked/protected shapes in other vector programs?
Please tell me how other programs achieve the results you are trying to
achieve (or failing that please explain in more detail what exactly it is
so that i can understand and provide useful compartive information).

Sincerely
Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/