Faking it: Page, Print Layout, Layers

I decided to try using the layers feature in Dia.

I created these two very simple documents that make Dia seem more like
Visio and other programs which have a more page and print oriented layout.

They use a layer to hold a page outline, and the current layer is set to
be a differnt layer so user can just start drawing without accidentally
clicking on it.

I also messed about with layers to give me a better grid but I have a bus
to catch and quite a detailed enhancement request about "Better Grid" to
write very soon.

Links:
http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/dia/templates/View-PrintLayout_FakePage01Portrait.dia
http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/dia/templates/View-PrintLayout_FakePage02Landscape.dia
Use for whatever you like, no copyright or other messing on these two files.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/

PS it is raining heavily and I am probably going to miss my bus :(