Re: long method signatures in uml class diagrams

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Marco Craveiro wrote:
> hello dia hackers,
>
> many thanks for a very useful program. i have a problem that must be
> common to all dia uml users but for the life of me i cannot find any
> entries on your mailing list archive or faq. basically i am using dia to
> document a fairly large and complex c++ project and a lot of the methods
> have really long signatures. what i want to know is: is it possible to
> insert line breaks on the rendering of the diagram?  the classes are so
> large that the diagram is unreadable...

It isn't, really.  The only way would be to hack objects/UML/class.c to
insert, say, linebreaks after arguments if the line becomes too long.

On the other hand, long signatures are a sign of an overly complex system.
Not that you may be able to do anything about that.