Re: issues: modal dialogs and uml arrows

Le Tue, Oct 08, 2002, à 10:01:44PM -0400, Johan Ovlinger a écrit:

> 1) Prettiness: The association arrows in uml place the role-names too
>    close to the arrow head, thus obscuring the first/last letters in
>    the name by the arrow head.

I think this has been changed in CVS; can you give it a shot?

> 2) Usability: The modal dialogs you get for classes and packages often
>    pop up UNDER all other windows. Pan/Galeon (the only other apps
>    that I use with dialogs) get them to pop up on top, so I suspect
>    there is a wm hint that can be set somehow. At least there's no
>    longer a segfault if you double click the object again (as there
>    was in 0.88.1)

I have no idea, but I often have trouble with this kind of behaviour
(especially with Mozilla). Can you see if Pan/Galeon actually *move* the
mouse pointer when they pop a dialog up?

> 3) Usability: In aforementioned dialogs, pressing return Should act
>    like clicking "OK".  Since "Apply" is the default action (hrm)
>    binding that to return would also be ok, but that doesn't happen
>    either.

Indeed. In fact, we should align with the HIG as much as possible (to the
extent that we do not follow the brain-dead "lack of cancel and lack of OK
button" like the GNOME2 control centre).

> 4) Usability (questionable): The shape selection reverts to arrow away
>    after each use. F.ex, if I want to make several classes, I have to
>    click on the class button, place the class, click on the class
>    button again, place the next class...  I would prefer the selection
>    to be "sticky", so that I had to explicitly click on the arrow tool
>    to be able to unselect class tool.

There is a setting for that in the global prefs, and you can use the space
bar as a shortcut between your last two tools.

	-- cyrille