RE: import-filter for iptables ?

Im pretty new to dia, but I'll give u my comments.

I dont think there is any type of data import feature now. Will there be any??
(dia people).

Marc: what I did to import data is:

   1. created a simple text box and rectangle; grouped them, and saved to a
file. Then i gunzip'ed the dia save file, and u can see the XML format this
way.
   2. after a few minutes of studying, it will be pretty simple to see where
the text goes. You can write a simple script to replicate as many of these
box-text grouped objects as you want. Then u write to file, and use some good
ol manual labor to organize.
   3. I think your needs are too specific to dia, so its best u just put your
work on some website and let google make the information public.

So here's some extra tips:

  I had some data for each year 1975-2000. So on avg, i made needed 15
text/rectangle groups for each year. To make things easier, I then grouped (
just by adding <dia:group> ... </dia:group> (iirc) around each year). When i
opened the file in dia, I then did a manual (by hand, for loop):

    for each year:
      Select a year
      ungroup it
      align it vertically-adjecent (this really makes the data easy to use).
      did whatever other organizing needed to be done.

So with those simple steps, u can get very efficient. I'm actually going to
work on a more automated way, more from me on that later.  Don't bother
changing the size of rectangles in the custom text import feature i described
above, its far too complex.

Thats that -Hunter.

LARS: did u die or something??