Re: Dia manuals

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Steffen Macke wrote:

> Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 18:40:20 +0200
> From: Steffen Macke <sdteffen@web.de>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: Dia manuals
>
> > > Is there a nice little PDF file format available to download, for dia
> > > manuals.
>
> I've added the PDF version of the dia manual to the Documentation
> page of the dia homepage. It'll take a day until the
> change becomes visible. The PDF version of the manual is also distributed
> with the dia Windows installer.

I would warn you that the fonts dont look very nice in this PDF (embedding
some TTF fonts in it might help, presumably it is generated based on a
PS file).
This PDF is the same content as the HTML documentation and as far as I
remember the conversion process loses the links and structure from the
document.
The only benefit i can think of by using the PDF version of the manual is
that it might be easier to print.

The Manual current does not include a lot of extra useful information
contained in the FAQ or DiaWiki, and I really need to get off my ass and
do something about it.

Sincerely
Alan Horkan