Re: Ctrl-A?

On 22 Nov 2002, Lars Clausen wrote:

> Date: 22 Nov 2002 10:40:03 -0600
> From: Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: Ctrl-A?
>
> On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Chris Nelson wrote:
> > When I run Dia 0.9 on Win2k, the accelerator listed for the View / Snap
> > to grid is "G" which doesn't seem to work.  I managed to set it to Ctrl-A
> > ("align", 's' is save and 'g' is group) but I try to toggle snap-to-grid
> > with Ctrl-A, Dia sometimes zooms in on my canvas and sometimes does
> > nothing.  Is there some undocumented binding of Ctrl-A?
>
> Ctrl-A is by default set to 'View/Show All' (which is why it sometimes
> zooms).  However, setting it to be a shortcut for something else should
> remove that.  It might not get saved, though.

I have changed this in CVS
to comply with the Gnome HIG and generally just SANITY Ctrl A is now bound
to "Select All"

I have also had problems that user set keybindings have failed to work and
instead the hard wired keybinding activates.  Dia still displays the new
keybinding i set but ignores it.
This annoys me every time i hit Ctrl+W to close a window and instead Save
As Dialog pop's up.

I have also changed this in CVS.

There are a few more keybindings i really should fix and add replacements
for the one i have removed.
I have actually changed my mind about using Ctrl+Shift+G instead of Ctrl+U
for ungroup, and i will have to revert it.  If at some point in the
future we have run
out of keybindings i will consider again using Ctrl+Shift+G which is more
in line with the Gnome HIG.

Later
Alan