Problems running dia on Solaris 9

Hi,

I'm having a problem getting Dia to run on my Solaris 9 box.

Solaris 9
Dia .90
libunicode-0.4
gdk-pixbuf-0.21.0
libart_lgpl-2.3.10*
gtk 1.2
glib 1.2

built using gcc 3.2

After installing a few gnome libs, I got through the configure, make and
make install phases just fine.   I do get a few warnings, such as:

render_pixmap.c:932: warning: passing arg 1 of `mbstowcs' from
incompatible pointer type

I also got this, even though I have Python 2.2 installed (and in my
path):

*** PO/core/gettext translation report: ***
(Absence of a language code means 0% translation for that language)
(Help for translations (and/or much more) is of course welcome !)
(A star after a language's statistics means that the translation file
isn't
 up to date with the POT (original messages) file)
E: po-checktrans failed to run. Please check that python is installed
E: on your system.

But, nothing that caused a fatal build error.

When I try to run it, the splash screen appears for about half a second,
then it core dumps.

I also tried building with gnu ld vs sun's ld - no difference.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Dan

* The configure script looks for libart-config, but I had
libart2-config.  I created a symbolic link.