Re: Build problems om Solaris

Le Sat, May 25, 2002, à 09:41:36AM +0200, Cyrille Chepelov a écrit:

> > The test for xml2 failed due to a syntax error. I fixed this problem
> > by editing the configure script to be run by bash instead of Bourne
> > shell.
> Bashisms are the disease of Linux-originated scripts. It is very possible
> that this specific bashism is due to the libxml2 M4 macros; it may be our
> usage of them. Can you track down the exact changes ?

I've retried to run configure using ash instead of sh (=bash in disguise).
It passed. Hmmm. I removed libxml-devel (the libxml1 stuff), retried...
this passed too.

Have your run autogen.sh, or have you been using the configure scripts from
the RC# or snapshot tarballs ?

Here are the two version of libxml*-dev installed on my system:

ii  libxml-dev     1.8.17-2       Development files for the GNOME XML library
ii  libxml2-dev    2.4.20-1       Development files for the GNOME XML library

(because of the GNOME1 shackles, I'm still using mostly libxml1)

> > The configure script didn't find an implementation to isinf, but
> > neither took any action to compensate, nor did it issue an error
> > message. Because of this the symbol isinf ended up being undefined in
> > the linking. This is a bit odd since the configure script found the
> > ieeefp.h header-file (wich include the function finite) and could
> > therefore have set a macro to activate a snippet in dia_xml.c like:
> >

> > #ifdef IEEEFP
> > #include <ieeefp.h>
> > #define isinf(a) (! finite(a))
> > #endif

> Yes, indeed. I'll try to fix that before the next tarball.

I've included it in "lib/geometry.h" instead, with some configure.in
support.

It would be wonderful if a couple people could bang on tomorrow's CVS
snapshot, in case I broke something on non-Debian, non-Solaris platforms.

> > There also seem to be a bug in the check for libpng. After that check
> > all compilations done by configure is done with "-lpng -lz" on the
> > command-line. This leads failings in all these compilations:
> >
> > "configure:9508: gcc -o conftest     conftest.c -lpng  -lz 1>&5
> > Undefined                       first referenced
> >  symbol                             in file
> > pow                                 /opt/gnome-1.4/lib/libpng.so
> > ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest"
>
> what version of libpng, and what version of the libpng-devel stuff ?
> (assuming there is a mismatch).

curiously, all tests for png in the configure script do add -lz -lm; that's
really strange.... I've got still no idea here. Probably gotta document your
workaround.

Grumpf.