Re: Possible bug in EPS export for Network Miditower object? (fwd)

On 2002-05-23 at 19:06, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

> Do you mean,
>
> static void
> set_linewidth(RendererEPS *renderer, real linewidth)
> {  /* 0 == hairline **/
>   if (linewidth == 0.0) linewidth=.1; /* Adobe's advice */
>   fprintf(renderer->file, "%f slw\n", (double) linewidth);
> }

If you say so :) That certainly sounds like the right kind of
thing.

> Line width 0 "as fine as the device allows". Adobe strongly
> warns against using device-dependent things in a Postscript
> file (think about what happens on a 2400dpi output device).
> You'd probably much better using a line width of 0.01 if this
> is really what you want to see.

OK, fine. I wouldn't want to encourage dia making non-standard
EPS files. I'll switch over to 0.01 and see if that fixes my
problem.

> What *is* buggy, though, is that we get an inconsistent
> behaviour. However, I'll call this inconsistency a feature of
> the device-dependentness of line width 0 for the duration of
> the 0.90.RC# time frame.

Yes, definitely. I don't know why it's happening but the end
result is definitely that different objects get exported with
patently different line widths --- whatever the boundary
condition mapping, as you showed above, it's not being applied
consistently.

Regards,
Andrew.

--