Re: RE: Freetype problems under RH7.3

Le Tue, May 21, 2002, à 11:32:23AM +0930, Young, Robert a écrit:

> > If it exists, we can use it.  In fact, we can include
> > hard-coded common
> > font paths as well.  The more the merrier.
>
> Should I put this in diarc? I don't think it belongs in the preferences
> dialog, and if we include enough defaults for most of the known world, the
> FAQ can point them to playing with diarc? Mind you, this question is posed
> before I look at the code...

Hmmm... Since the reason for this setting would be the lack of a working
font path with the system (almost a bug in the OS' XF86Config, IMO), thus
the lack of a bunch of fonts (a detectable condition), we could even pop a
message up (ONCE !) pointing the user to the manual/to the FAQ on how to
tweak this diarc setting. This would help us be very comfortable with
ignoring PEBKAC/googlelessness/lack of FAQ-reading skills-type of questions
on that topic.

Grumpf.