Sequence Diagram in UML

I am trying to make a sequence diagram in Dia, but am having a hard time
find where to create additional control boxes.

  Object
---------

    |--    # This one appears with the lifeline object
    |  |----------------------------------------------->
    |  |
    |--

    |--    # This one is non existent.. and I can't find where to get
another one.
    |  |
    |--

Does anyone know how to add additional control boxes to the lifeline?

TIA

-John