Re: My few words about dia interface

On Sat, 4 May 2002, Pawel Rozanski wrote:
> Most frustrating for me in dia is 'modified'. When I see
> 'Modified diagram exist' I always wonder "What I have changed".
> The truth is I only have _clicked_ an object sometimes.

Yes.  It is unfortunate that even a click can make an object moved.  That
should be fixed.

> How do you select objects ?, Probably left-top to down-right.
> It doesn't matter you say. But in recent CVS I see a
> bug/freature. Can 'left-top to down-right' selects only objects
> which are in select-box (without crossing objects) and
> 'down-right to left-top' selects with crossing objects.
> (Mouse gestures in dia :))

That has been a feature for a long time.

> User defined events for objects. It will be cool when I click
> for eg. an UML class and this exec 'my favorite editor cursor at
> clicked class definition' or 'open moredetailed.dia'

We've been talking about having subdiagrams that can be opened by
clicking.  Interaction with outside programs is an interesting idea.

> Anyway... in lastest CVS, flowchart, a box with text inside
> I need many box in the same size (for good look :)
> (user-based size, not text-box based size) It's werid because
> diamond with text inside works fine.

Is this what you're thinking of:

|  Some text  |
|    More     |
|   and more  |

I've had use of such occasionally, too.  Would be fairly easy to make.  I
think.