Re: New release timescale?

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Andrew Ferrier wrote:
> I've no doubt that the dia developers get quite cheesed off
> with people asking them this question, but would it be possible
> to give a rough timescale for the next release of dia? Lars,
> you keep mentioning 'soon now' --- I don't think anyone would
> want to hold you to a firm date (least of all me), but are we
> talking in terms of days, weeks, or months? There's a feature
> in the CVS version I need for my project you see but I can't
> get it to build satisfactorily on my machine, so it's an
> entirely selfish question :)

It depends mostly on how fast we can get current important bugs out and
check that various packages work (don't want a repeat of the redhat mess of
0.88.1 that's still haunting us).  It's definitely not days, hopefully
weeks, months only if more bugs keep coming up.  That's as definite as I
will get for now.